1. You fill out the enrollment form and submit it.
2. We submit your account information to Dominion Energy to transfer the account to BTY Energy from your current supplier.
3. We then send you a confirmation email that we have submitted your account information to Dominion Energy.
4. After 1 business day the information is confirmed by Dominion and we are notified of this confirmation.
5. From this point, there is a 9 business day Recession Period. This allows you to cancel your contract without receiving a termination fee, if applicable. (We do not have an early termination fee at any point throughout the duration of your contract)
6. Short answer is "it depends". It will be between 1-2 billing cycles. After the 9 business day Recession Period has passed, you complete your current billing cycle with your previous supplier. Once the billing cycle is complete, your service will begin with BTY Energy. If you are billed within the 9 day Recession period, you will complete one more billing cycle with your current supplier.
7. Your service begins with BTY Energy and your contract is effective as of the first day of you receive service from us.
No, you do not need to contact them. If your current supplier does have a termination fee, we suggest you confirm with them that you are able to switch without penalty.
90 days before your contract is up, we will send written notice to your service address that your contract will be ending. This notice will have a renewal offer. Also 60 days before your contract is up, we will send an email reminder to the email we have on file for your account.
Prior to your contract ending you have 2 options:
1. Accept the renewal offer with BTY Energy
2. Sign up with a new supplier
*If no action is taken at your contract end date, your contract will be enrolled in a variable rate that changes month to month